We are asking for material for parish videos and you don’t have to have any particularly advanced technology to record and send them. It can be as simple as a phone call. Read on…
If you have only a telephone with no special features …
Alan can record any comments you would like to make over the phone. Please call the Rectory and arrange a time to do this. It will involve calling Alan on his mobile – and a number will be provided to do this.
If you have a smartphone/computer with camera and microphone
Large files can be sent to Alan via https://www.filemail.com/
If you don’t know how to use the computer to do this
- Click on the magnifying glass at the bottom left of the screen.
- Search for Camera (or Voice Recorder if you just want to record your voice)
- Click on the Camera App option/Voice Recorder Option
- Click on the Video button on the right hand side of the screen so that it is white and click on it again to start recording. It will turn red, click there to stop recording.
The Voice recorder will look like one of the other two pictures, depending on whether there is already a recording in the folder. Click on the microphone to start recording. There will be a blue circle with a square in it to stop recording.
- Open File Explorer Pictures / Camera Roll – you should find the video you have recorded there. Sound is in Documents/Sound Recording.
- Use FileMail, TransferXL or PCloud (works better on mobiles) to select a video and send it to Alan.
Using a mobile/tablet
- Record the video – turn your device to landscape mode – it gives a bigger picture.
- Use PCloud to select the video and send it to Alan.
“Click Here” to attach a file.
Click on Files
Find the Video and click on it.
Fill in Alan’s email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and your own and an optional message and click SEND FILES.
I look forwards to receiving lots of material.