During the period of Thy Kingdom Come, we are asking people if they can create prayer stations at home and send them to us (email@example.com)
Here is one which Michelle Chapman has made – a finger labyrinth with instructions which we have reproduced below.
Praying with the finger labyrinth
- Draw your labyrinth (start with the purple cross, then the red right angles, finally the dots. Start with the top of the cross and join up to the next line with a curve. Follow the pattern, I have made it easier to follow by using different colours)
- There is only one way in and out of the labyrinth.
- Sit quietly and take a few deep breaths, allow yourself to feel Gods presence.
- When you are ready very slowly enter the labyrinth using your least dominant index finger and slowly follow the path to the centre. Allow your thoughts to surface, remembering that Jesus is with you all the way. Release all your thoughts and tensions on the winding journey.
- When you reach the centre just rest a while with God and have a conversation. If you are finding lockdown difficult explain. Also think about the good things about lockdown and say thank you.
Coming out of the Labyrinth
- When you are ready to exit the Labyrinth follow the same path joyfully. You can sing a song or hymn say a psalm or an uplifting poem or say the Lord’s prayer.
- As you reach the exit give thanks and praise to God.