We will be using Zoom for some meetings over the coming weeks, and whilst you don’t have to do much to use it there are somethings that you have to do, so here are the instructions.
- You will receive an email with a link to the meeting, which you should click on. It will look like this:
- The first time that you do this you will be prompted to download some software, which will probably start automatically
- You should then run this to install the software to receive the meeting
- You will be asked if you want to allow Zoom to install the software – this screen may not appear on top of other things on your computer but will appear at the bottom of the screen as a yellow and blue shield. Switch to that message and allow it to update your computer.
- Then it will prompt you for your screen name, which is what people will see you being called.
You only have to do all this the first time.
You will need to install an app from one of the stores before clicking on the link – probably called Zoom Cloud Meetings!