Below are the resources for this week, the Sunday morning services and five sermons for your enjoyment, but first the notices:
If you missed it, please take a look at Ascension – a brilliant service by Kris and Maxine.
We have a birthday to celebrate – Jenny Bull on 22nd May:
Also – we really need your help… Next week is Pentecost and it is a special service where we dedicate ourselves to serving the world. Please can you record yourself saying these responses and send them to Alan by Wednesday, If you haven’t done this before, instructions can be found by clicking here.
- and also with you
- He is risen indeed. Alleluia.
- fill us with your Spirit
- His Spirit is with us
- nothing can separate us from your love.
- fill us with your saving power
- bring strength, healing, and peace
- Let us praise and bless God for ever
- and fill us with your spirit
- Blessed be God for ever
- By the Spirit’s power, we will
- We will
- Thanks be to God. Alleluia, alleluia
Plus send us a video of you lighting a candle
Here are the resources for adults at home this week.
Here are the resources for families at home this week.
Lesley’s BCP Sermon
Lesley and Alan’s Easter 7 Sermon
John Evans’ Friday Sermon
Maxine’s Ascension Sermon
Below is the Ascension Service
And from the service Maxine’s dramatised reading and sermon:
Below are the services, but first… here is something new for you:
Resources for Adults on this week’s bible readings, and
Resources for Families on the readings.
Also – Anne will love this – on the Children’s page is a lovely story and craft for Adventurers, but we can all enjoy it.
This service is led by Wendy Edwards, Licensed Lay Minister, the gathering includes a Gospel reading by Lance Corporal Bibbings of The Princess of Wales’ Royal Regiment, Farnham; music and a reading by members of TS Swiftsure, Badshot Lea; and a thought-provoking World War II evacuation memory from Hazel Edwards, Wendy’s mother-in-law. Wendy makes comparisons between World War II and the coronavirus emergency. She draws hope, comfort and and wisdom from both these times of enormous personal and national challenge and ends the short service with prayers for peace.
Below are the services for this week at St George’s and St Mark’s. At St John’s there is a special VE Day Service and that can be seen here. Also, a number of sermons are below including one from Bishop Jo.
It is Christian Aid Week this week, see all the material and the Christian Aid Service here.
I have updated the Children’s Page with a lovely video of school children singing about the lockdown and a video of This Little Light of Mine that I promise will make you smile. 🙂
Wendy’s VE Day sermon
John Evan’s Sermon:
Bishop Jo’s Sermon:
As it is Christian Aid week 10-16th May. The Franham Clergy have joined together to create an online Christian Aid Week Service:
We cannot collect door to door for Christian Aid so here are ways of Paying in donations to CA during CAW2020:
- BACS payment: by using the following details, Once you have made the payment please follow it up with an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the amount/ organisation name/ which appeal etc. so that we can allocate the funds accordingly.
Christian Aid Main Income Account
Sort Code: 20-00-00
Account No: 23179621
- By phone: by calling any of the numbers below:
0207 523 2269
0207 523 2492
08080 004 004 (freephone number)
08080 006 006 (freephone number)
- Barclays Bank: by using a paying in slip which you can get from Christian Aid. However as the offices are closed you can use the following account details and complete a Barclays Bank paying in slip. Once you have made the payment please follow it up with an email to email@example.com including the amount/ organisation name/ which appeal etc. so that we can allocate the funds accordingly.
Sort Code: 20-00-00
Account No: 23179621
- Cheques: by posting them to Christian Aid, 35 Lower Marsh, London SE1 7RL (Please note, there will be a delay in processing at this current time)
- Online: Via our website here
- Gift Aid: Sign up for Gift Aid here – you can also find further details on Gift Aid on this site too.
Dr Rowan Williams’ Christian Aid Week 2020 sermon –
This video shows the work Christian Aid is doing in Nigeria in the face of the pandemic:
Details of the work Christian Aid is doing in Bangladesh, Nigeria and Myanmar with respect to Covid-19 can be found here.
Here is a link to Christian Aid Week resources for Christian Aid Week this year.
Below are the services for this week. In addition there are two sermons at the bottom – one from Craig and one from the bishop.
We are learning all the time – one of the challenges has been technology – we have needed to buy software licenses to create the videos, an upgrade to our copyright license to enable us to play hymns and an upgrade to our website to allow us to put videos on it. At the same time we have lost all the income from our hall hire and the plate giving. If you find you are better off due to the lockdown (perhaps less expenditure on going out) then please can you help? The details for the Treasurer are on the Who’s Who page. We are looking at how to get online giving working.
We have also been learning about copyright – we wanted to re-start our Open the Book ministry. However, both the Bible that we use and the prayers would breach copyright if we streamed them on video. Fortunately, the Open the Book team are streaming them and so I have added that to the children’s page, along with the largest school assembly including a message from Justin Welby, the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If you missed any of the plethora of sermons last week you can find them on this page. Next week Wendy Edwards is creating a special service for us – one for the VE Day celebrations, including music from the Sea Cadets and a reading from the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment. This will replace the St John’s service, but there will be regular St Mark’s and St George’s Services.
A sermon from Craig
A sermon from the Bishop for Vocations Sunday