A group has met over a number of months to look at how we can help people to grow in spiritual Maturity. Three themes came out of those meetings:
- Reading the Bible and learning from it
- Learning how to pray better – and doing it
- Meeting together in groups to learn from and support each other
The first of these is being addressed by our Lent Groups – reading the Bible and discussing the implications of what it might be saying to us.
The second will be addressed by some meetings where we invite visiting speakers to talk to us about prayer. We have picked Tuesday evenings at 7:30 from 26th April to 24th May, and the topics being covered will be:
- Daily Offices
- Christian Meditation
- Body Prayer
- Ignatian Meditation
Finally, groups; we want to start some groups in the parish which meet regularly to
- worship together
- pray together
- help each other work out how to live the Gospel in our daily lives
- look for ways in which we might serve the parish as a group
We will be starting Groups in September, probably with an initial group for those who might be prepared to lead a group, starting their groups in January 2017. If you would like to know more about this, please get in touch.